Monday, October 29, 2007

Oily Skin

Hola William,

First of all your skin, I sent you an internet item on oily skin. I read it, it looks pretty good. I think the first thing is to determine how severe of a problem you are having. I called Kaiser and I can not get you an email address for anyone. I have set you up with a online Kaiser which is how they use the internet to communicate with patients. It works well, I have used it extensively. But as with most things there is a catch, once you set it up you need to wait to receive a passwords that is mailed by regular mail – 3 to 5 days. Once you have that you can communicate with your internist, and possibly a dermatologist directly.

Now back to the problem, a few questions, did this just start? how severe is it? If it has been going on for a while, how long, and is it steady, or is it waxing and waning? Is your skin only oily or have you broken out. Is your skin bumpy? If your skin has broken out, please describe? White heads, black heads? Does it seem to be getting worse?

This is probably related to the change in life style, hormones, who knows? I do not think it is unusual to happen at your age. Of course it can also be something more serious, so you will need to keep an eye on it and follow the instruction on the internet thing. Follow the instruction about washing, also if you are not exercising every day, start. That will help to clean out your pores. I know you have been exercising so that is probably not the problem. You have had a radical change in food that is probably the cause, that and the pollution. I think the main things from that sheet are washing, watch food (not too much you can do about that, but increase your water intake), exercise, and the vitamin B – who know, it could be a vitamin issue.

I will write the internist and dermatologist that I have on my panel at Kaiser and see if they will answer me. That too, will take a few days. They answer but sometimes it takes a few days.

Next issue, you bank account is blocked, for a couple of reasons; I reported your card as stolen, so there is no need to worry about the account. I will speak to them about a new number, it may be a good idea, we will see.

I listened to your songs; I like them, very sophisticated, lyrics driven. I downloaded two of them, but one seems to be lock and will not download, the first one - MacKaye; but I listens and like that one too. I am at work, but I will comment more on them later. You should keep doing this, everyone need a creative outlet; and don’t worry if most do not like them. They will eventually come around, and so what if they don’t. Send me more!!!

Everyone is well, the Homecoming is over, so I am sure that Andrew filled you in yesterday about the problem that Mallory M****** had with drinking, and marijuana. Jeannie is coming on Thursday; she is going to look for an apartment in Baltimore. Her apartment arrange in Montclair is coming to an end. It will be good to see her.

The weather has cooled off noticeable; we turned the heat on for the first time this morning. It was in the forties. But the sun is shining, I rode my bike to work today, unfortunately, Andrew got sick at school (tough weekend – I guess he is run down a bit) so I had to ride the bike home to get the car to go pick up Andrew. It’s a good thing I work is close to home.

If you are interested in seeing my photographs they at:

www.flickr.com/billshields

The art ones are spread all over, if you want to see the some of the art ones and the discussion they have generated go to the Photography Critique discussion group on flickr; do a search on ‘Bill Shields’ The one on ‘Baltimore Abstract’ and ‘Lawn Shadows Saint James Park London’ both have a pretty lively discussion. I have submitted my other to the group for critique – most the art ones, so it is a good place to look. As I said they have been pretty much universally panned, such is life.

No comments: