Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Money Transfer

William,

I just got back from transferring the money. I also just received a copy Mom’s email to you. I guess Mom thought I gave you a hard time about money. I did a bit, all you have to use money carefully, but I never meant to imply that you were handling money irresponsible. Don’t worry about money, you are doing fine, and as Mom said no more midnight walks to save money.

But also, don’t run down to nothing or close to it before telling us. Keep us informed on where you stand. Mom said that I was sending you $300, I upped that to $340.00 I want you to put $80 away for an emergency. Put it away and forget it. If you need more before your bank situation gets straighten out, don’t wait until the remaining $260 is almost gone. That will give a little leave way for arranging the transfer.

I canceled your debit card at the bank, I have not been able to arrange to have a new card sent, they told me at the bank that you have to do that. I’ll see if I can do it from here. I will also look into replacing the American Express card.

Violence is a ugly fact in the world today. While you may have made a mistake in what you did on Saturday, things like this happen, whether in the middle of the day on a crowded street or in the dark of the nights. As I think you are, be careful, think ahead, and travel in groups as much as possible. We are proud; you handled the situation and the aftermath responsibly and with much presence of mind.

One other thing to keep in mind, the effects of these types of experiences can affect you sometimes in subtle ways, other times in dramatic ways, and sometimes after time a fair amount of time has passed. I think they are normal but do not ignore them. I think the best prescription is to talk about your experience, and write about it if you are inclined. However you purge the experience is not importance, just don’t keep it bottled up. Keep an eye out for the warming signs, lethargy, anxiety, lack of motivation, uncommon fatigue. Do not simply dismiss the experience as “no big deal.”

Now, as to the transfer, the transfer was sent 11:14 Am EDT

The number is xxxxxxxxxxx

The amount is for 168,395.65 pesos

If necessary the question is xxxxxxxxxxxxx. xxxxxx?

That’s it for now. Send me a short note when you get this, and another when you get the money. It should have arrived about a half an hour ago.

And as always…..

Love you, miss you, miss you, and take care down there.

Dad

1 comment: